17 fev Apply for a married relationship Licence
To have hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a wedding Licence before you’ve got a married relationship ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is released.
You have to have a wedding Licence to obtain hitched in Nova Scotia. You’ll need the licence just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a marriage licence does mean you’re married n’t. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is granted.
You are able to select a spiritual or civil ceremony.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You have to have 2 those who are at minimum 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
during the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious associated with the comfort or judge gives you a memento certification. This document just isn’t appropriate evidence of wedding.
After a marriage is registered, you are able to submit an application for a formal wedding certification, which can be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged find a bride and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you should be likely to get married away from Nova Scotia, you will need to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the wedding ceremony will need spot for registration and licensing needs.
You may get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older rather than presently hitched. You want a finalized permission kind if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by the authorized representative. If both events are not offered to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You are able to make an application for a licence to get hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t are now living in the province.
Just how to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or even an issuer that is deputy of Licences in your community.
- Complete the application form form you are given by them.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and payment into the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your spiritual agent, justice associated with comfort or judge prior to the wedding ceremony.
The length of time it requires
You ought to obtain the licence straight away. It could just take longer if extra information will become necessary or if your form hasn’t been filled in precisely.
re re Payment options
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a cheque or cash purchase must be made payable into the Minister of Finance. Payment choices can vary greatly according to the manner in which you apply.
Before you begin
Ensure you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age for both individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce proceedings if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with the affidavit
- evidence of death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the moms and dads or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required consent forms)
Apply to get hitched at a Registry workplace
In the event that you plan to get hitched at a Registry workplace, at the very least 30 days ahead of the ceremony, you and your spouse must attend a job interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage. The Notice stays legitimate for approximately 1 . 5 years.
You can easily lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The marriageable age is 18 years. If somebody, perhaps perhaps not yet 18, desires to marry prior to their eighteenth birthday, just a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order will give authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 people aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding can be lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th so long as the wedding happens following the birthday celebration.
The thing you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
How exactly to use
- Look at the eligibility demands.
- Down load and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the documentation that is necessary.
- Choose the ‘Book a consultation’ key.
- Go into the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re re payment, and confirm the time and date for the ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for as much as eighteen months.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you want assist in preparing your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving kind, and also the Registry are certain to get in touch with you.
re re Payment techniques
You’ll review deal payment choices on our re re re payment practices web web page.